Last Update: 2019 - 05 - 06
accessUnitFork - Unit Test Framework/Utility for Access-VBA
This page is mainly a placeholder for future content! - I put this here as landing page for attendees of my Software Quality talk at Access DevCon 2019
At Access DevCon 2019 I mentioned and briefly demoed my adaption of the accessUnit-Framework by André Minhorst for Unit Testing and Test Driven Deveopment (TDD) in Access/VBA.
My own adaption of the accessUnit-Framework should not be considered complete nor would I claim it to be ready for production use, yet. However, if you still want to try it and play around with it, it is available for Download: accessUnitFork - 20190424
A good introduction in German into Test Driven Development (TDD) and the accessUnit-Framework is the article Testgetriebene Entwicklung mit Access also by André Minhorst.
For beginners in TDD, I recommend Kent Beck´s Test Driven Development: By Example (affiliate link).
Another recommendation for getting started with Test Driven Development and Extreme Programming is Extreme Programming in Practice (affiliate link) by James W. Newkirk and Robert C. Martin (aka: "Uncle Bob").
Additional references from the slide deck of the presentation
Here is the reading list and the list of reference links from my presentation.
Reading List - Books
• Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship - Robert C. Martin
• Working Effectively with Legacy Code - Michael Feathers
• Test Driven Development: By Example – Kent Beck
• The Art of Readable Code – Dustin Boswell / Trevor Foucher
(Links on this slide are Amazon Affiliate Links)
References & Links
• MZ-Tools – Excellent multi purpose developer tool for VBA
• AccUnit – Unit Testing framework for Access/VBA
• RubberduckVBA – Code Inspections, Unit Tests and much more
• accessUnit (original) – Unit Test framework for (and written in!) Access/VBA
• accessUnit-Fork – My adaption of accessUnit also usable as Add-In
Update 2019-05-06 – Slides and video available
I also recorded my presentation on video. The recording is available on my YouTube-Channel: Modern Software Quality with VBA and Access.
I plan to update this page as soons as I get to it. I will certainly mention any updates in my newsletter.
© 1999 - 2019 by Philipp Stiefel - Privacy Policiy